Burna Boy has revealed his plans to raise a child with his girlfriend, rapper Stefflon Don, away from public attention.
‘Anybody’ singer, expressed the hope to emulate his parents, Samuel and Bose Ogulu, in bringing up his child on a radio show, Beats1, on Hot 97 FM in the U.S. recently.
The singer, who also declared his love for Don, a British rapper and singer, stressed that their affair was not a publicity stunt and that it meant so much to them.
He said, “It’s not the business part of us; it’s our life. I’m trying to make it right because I don’t want to bring a kid into this life for anyone to be disturbing.
“Looking or wondering what’s Steflon Don and Burna Boy’s kid doing. I want to raise a kid the way I was raised,” he said.
The ‘Killin Dem’ singer pointed out that his relationship with Don was deep and that he would not want the details to be in public space.
He said, “It’s lovely (being with Stefflon Don). I don’t know how to explain it. It’s just that I try to now kind of like keep it between us.
“I don’t want to be putting our thing out there in front of everybody anymore. Like you’d be there and you can see it but I don’t want to put it out there for everyone,” he said.
Burna Boy had, in March, revealed that Don was not just his girlfriend but ‘wifey’, in an interview with Ebro.
Few months after, Stefflon Don had also revealed how she met Burna Boy in Ghana and how she hoped they have kids together.
Burna Boy is currently on a global media tour, following the release of his acclaimed album, ‘African Giant’.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital