The New Patriotic Party has wished all Muslims an Eid Mubarak as they mark the festival of Eid-ul-Fitr.
The Party noted that although previous celebrations after the emergence of Covid-19 have not been on a large scale, it was glad that this year’s celebrations could be held in grand style.
In a goodwill message, the Party encouraged Muslims and other reveling Ghanaians to be cautious of their health and safety as they make merry.
“Fortunately, this year, by the grace of Almighty ALLAH, the country is seeing a return to normalcy, even though we are not completely out of the woods yet. On account of this, therefore, it is submitted that, much as the restrictions have been significantly relaxed, we still need to be health conscious and moderate in our celebrations,’ it said.
It further took the opportunity to call for prayers for the leaders of the country from the Muslim community in order for them to be able to “overcome all the ills plaguing our society including our current economic challenges occasioned largely by the devastating impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and exacerbated by the Russia-Ukraine war, in order to put the country back on the path of sustained growth and prosperity.”
“Once again, EID MUBARAK in advance to our Muslim constituents here in Ghana and across the globe. May Almighty ALLAH bring you joy, happiness, great fortunes and prosperity on this blessed occasion,” it concluded.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities defeat drags Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott
- Period poverty: ‘I don’t want anyone else to use rags for sanitary pads’