A 26-year-old lady has been shot dead by an assailant, Thursday evening, at Adum in Kumasi.
Victoria Dapaah is said to have left her home after receiving a phone call from the suspected assailant.
Luv News sources say an argument ensued between the assailant and the victim after which she was shot five times.
Assembly member for the area, Patrick Yeboah was shocked by the incident noting that the area is a relatively peaceful one.
“Such an incident has never happened here before. It was only once some police officers shot a criminal dead in the area. Aside that, nothing of this sort happens here,” he told Luv FM’s Nana Yaw Gyimah.
The mother of the deceased, Adwoa Nyarko, who has been thrown into a state of mourning wants justice for her daughter.
“My child didn’t go anywhere. She was home and got a phone call, his brother asked him not to go and she said, ‘I’m not going far’. She stepped out for a few minutes and she was shot dead. My heart is breaking,” Madam Nyarko describes amid wails.
“Ghana police please resolve this issue for me. My valuable possession has been ruined. It’s so painful to toil in vain.”
Meanwhile, the body has been sent to the mortuary for autopsy.
- Livestream: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned