Three family members were burnt to death on Monday dawn when a fire ruined a nine-bedroom house at Asuoyeboa in the Kwadaso Municipality of the Ashanti Region.
The 45-year-old mother, Felicia Owusu, and her two children, who slept at the time of the incident, got trapped in their room.
The Obed Owusu, 11, and Christabel Owusu, 19, were heard shouting for help but they could not be saved.
The father, however, managed to escape with the support of some residents, but he sustained injuries.
He is currently receiving treatment at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
The intervention of firefighters prevented the spread of the fire but five of the ten bedrooms were destroyed.
This brings to 18 the total number of deaths through fire outbreaks in the Ashanti region since the beginning of the year.
The regional public relations officer of the Fire Service, Peter Addai, said the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Preliminary information indicates the fire started in a room where mattresses, which the deceased’s mother sells had been packed.
The fire officers say locked-up burglary doors prevented the family from escaping.
Mr Addai advised the public to install emergency exits in homes.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Today’s front pages: Monday, November 28, 2022
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Access to Medicine Index ranks top pharmaceuticals globally
- Plans to secure gold for oil to be realised in March 2023
- Gbi Traditional Area installs Togbega Gabusu VII
- Mr Drew rocks Mallam-Gbawe at Seleey Concert ‘22
- ‘Nana Agradaa’ shares testimony after arrest
- Ghanaian Teacher wins Instill Education competition
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- Economic activity moderates – BoG
- Ghanaians have become too complacent about HIV – Ghana AIDS Commission boss
- As ‘father’ of the party, I don’t support any NDC executive aspirant – Mahama
- World’s longest-serving president to continue 43-year-rule
- Central University VC pushes for new legal education regime
- Hijab-wearing Nurses scare patients – Maulvi Bin Salih recounts discriminatory practices against some Muslims
- Multimedia’s HR Manager Raymond Larbie bags LLB