Otto Addo has left his role as Ghana head coach following the Black Stars’ elimination from the 2022 World Cup at the group stage.
The Borussia Dortmund assistant coach was already set to leave after the Mundial as his contract was extended until December.
“I always said if we qualified for the World Cup I’d resign afterwards, even if we were world champions,” he after Ghana lost 2-0 to Uruguay on Friday.
The 47-year-old was initial appointed on interim basis in February to replace sacked Milovan Rajevac, but got his contract extended after guiding Ghana to qualify for the World Cup.
He added, “my family see our future in Germany.
“Football is beautiful, sometimes it is ugly. It is ugly for us today. We have to learn and I’m very sure we will learn from this in the future.”
Ghana beat South Korea in between defeats by Portugal and Uruguay – in Addo’s final game – to finish bottom of Group H.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder
- Is Iñaki Williams favourite to win LaLiga African MVP award?
- Woman arrested for enrolling as high school student
- Ukraine declares war on its other enemy, corruption
- Minority leadership reshuffle: Issue too delicate for Mahama to intervene – Lecturer
- Tyre Nichols: Biden urges calm ahead of police beating video release
- Australian Open: Novak Djokovic beats Tommy Paul, Tsitsipas sees off Khachanov