Audio By Carbonatix
An Accra Circuit Court has remanded dancehall musician, Shatta Wale for one week in police custody.
The controversial artiste, today, pleaded not guilty to a charge of publication of false news.
On October 19, the artiste turned himself in after the police had declared him wanted.
He had allegedly fabricated a story that he had been shot and receiving treatment, which turned out to be a hoax.

Two of his accomplices were charged with abetment of crime.
Police in a Facebook post says "they were remanded following a request by the police for their continued detention due to ongoing investigations on their alleged involvement in the publication of false information with the intention to cause fear and panic."
The self-styled Dancehall King, born Charles Nii Armah Mensah, is expected to reappear in court on October 28, 2021.
The court premises saw a mob of fans and sympathisers alike who wanted to catch glimpse of the artiste.
Shatta Wale being escorted out of the court premises pic.twitter.com/zRC8f45kd7
— KALYJAY (@gyaigyimii) October 21, 2021
Some of the personalities present included Bulldog, Jupitar, Medikal, Captan among others.

The prophecy
Born Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr, Shatta Wale explained that he undertook the action on the back of a prophecy by Bishop Stephen Akwasi, who predicted his death.
In a viral video, the founder and leader of New Life Kingdom Chapel International noted that Shatta Wale would lose his life on October 18, similar to that of South African reggae artiste, Lucky Dube, who was shot on October 18, 2007.
Today is 18th October ?? This man said this about Shatta Wale 🙀 pic.twitter.com/xUAw2dffj2
— ABOA BANKU😮💨🇬🇭🇳🇬 (TWO TERTY) (@Aboa_Banku1) October 18, 2021
Shatta Wale stated that he felt his life was under threat, for which reason he vowed that until security agencies step up to address such threats, his whereabouts will remain unknown.
The pastor in question, Bishop Stephen Akwasi, popularly known as Jesus Ahuofe, was picked up by Police on Tuesday, October 19.
Meanwhile, the Police Service has advised citizens against publishing false information capable of disturbing the country’s peace.
Latest Stories
-
Fallon Foundation launches ‘Pad for Prisons Initiative’ to promote menstrual equity in Ghana
3 minutes -
Private broadcasters strengthen democracy, accountability, and national development – GIBA President
5 minutes -
Some ministries are collapsing due to lack of funds – Effia MP claims
12 minutes -
IMF programme stabilised Ghana’s economy – Dr Richmond Atuahene
18 minutes -
NADMO appeals for urgent support following Tidal Wave destruction in Moree
38 minutes -
Theo Acheampong defends IMF PCI framework as key to sustaining economic reforms
39 minutes -
Evolution of Ghana’s broadcasting industry paved way for the private media – GIBA President
40 minutes -
MoH recruits more than 7,200 health professionals; more clearance expected
46 minutes -
BoG Governor flags reserve, energy risks as MPC opens 130th meeting
49 minutes -
BRAC International launches social development programme in Ghana
55 minutes -
Gender Minister engages Makola Market leaders on redevelopment concerns
56 minutes -
TUC warns Ghana risks continued IMF dependence
59 minutes -
GBA rejects claims of political bias towards NPP
60 minutes -
Government expands social protection outreach to communities in Krowor
1 hour -
GSA intensifies market sensitisation ahead of 2026 World Metrology Day
1 hour