Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana Educational Trust Fund (GETFund) Administrator, Richard Boadu has rejected claims that his outfit has abandoned some educational projects that were started under the erstwhile John Mahama administration.
According to him, the current administration had to put on hold and subsequently review new contracts that were awarded by the previous administration so as to ensure value for money insisting that these projects have not been abandoned because some of the contractors have returned to site.

At press briefing in Accra, Wednesday, September 16, 2020 he said the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) is still paying for some of the educational projects that were captured in the National Democratic Congress’ Green Book.
“For the e-blocks that have become a very controversial area, from 2014 to 2016, with regards to the World Bank project, only seven were completed.
GETFund and the Ministry of Education embarked on 22 e-block projects making a total of 29.

However, between 2017 and 2019, that is what we inherited, we paid for it and for that, GETFund has completed 13. So if you hear that the e-blocks have been abandoned, that is not true.
Out of what the previous government said they have done, a school, one of the E-blocks in Lambussie District in the Northern Region, the information that I have is that the NDC didn’t pay a dime not even ¢1.

It was our administration that footed for it but it is even captured in finished projects in 2016 but we did the payment. He said.
He added that “If you hear somebody on a platform saying that projects have been abandoned and we are not paying contractors, it is far from the truth. What we adopted was batch payment and the ¢830 million goes as far back as 2014. We have paid from 2014 up to December 2019.
"We do the payment in six months and what we are looking forward to is that by the end of the year, all contractors we have brought on stream,”

According to him, 29 community Senior High School (SHS) projects were completed out of the 124 that were awarded between 2014 and 2016, and a further 27 have been completed from 2017 to 2019.
He added 22 projects are yet to commence and 46 are at various levels of completion.
Latest Stories
-
Dr Abena Nyarkoa to join panel discussion at Africa Together Conference in Cambridge
4 hours -
Walmart warns US shoppers are cutting spending as higher petrol prices bite
4 hours -
Flexible exchange rate regime critical in absorbing external shocks – First Deputy Governor
5 hours -
Toilets and changing rooms must be used on basis of biological sex, guidance confirms
5 hours -
Emily in Paris to end after sixth season, says Netflix
5 hours -
Angry crowd sets Ebola hospital tents on fire in DR Congo
5 hours -
Russia and China condemn US over indictment of former Cuban leader
5 hours -
Bank of Ghana reverts to previous Cash Reserve Ratio policy after scrapping it last year
5 hours -
Ghana-eligible defender Beres Owusu signs permanent deal with Grazer AK
5 hours -
A Super El Niño is coming: What does it mean for Ghana?
6 hours -
Driving Schools Association pushes for mandatory driver training to reduce road crashes
6 hours -
Climate change exists with or without humans — Youth advocate
6 hours -
Plastic waste driving flooding and climate concerns in Bamaahu — Youth Climate Reporter
6 hours -
This week on The Career Trail
7 hours -
My book was born out of university research – Mary Anane Awuku
7 hours