Fashion blogger and stylist, Akosua Vee, has lost her father Edward Akushey Quaye.
Her husband, musician turned political activist, A Plus, announced the news on Facebook.
He revealed that the 85-year-old died peacefully on Monday, April 18, in his sleep at his residence.
The final funeral rites of the late Edward Quaye would be done in line with Islamic teachings because he was a Muslim.
A Puls shared pictures of his late father in law, one from their wedding where he stood next to his daughter, giving out her hand in marriage.
“Lost my father-in-law… 😭 but as a Muslim, ☪️ the best you can wish for is to live a long life in good health and die peacefully in your sleep during Ramadan. May Allah give you an easy and pleasant journey and shower blessings on their grave 🙏🏾This life… 😔,” he wrote.
Meanwhile, Akosua Vee is reportedly out of the country and cannot make it to her father’s final funeral rites.
Taking to her Instagram stories, she bemoaned her inability to be present and pay her last respects to her father before his burial.
“Islamic religion has done me bad. I won’t get to see my dad and pay my last respect to him. I love you my champ. Till we meet again,” Akosua Vee wrote.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- US halts Blinken China visit after spy balloon row
- 150 unemployed youth from Tamale enrolls in the Sinapi Aba Youth Apprenticeship Program
- You’re responsible for your personal well-being, take charge – Ariel the Wellness Coach
- The BMPS Show: Is being vulnerable to your partner a sign of weakness?
- JoyNews gets results: 85 schools in Kpandai to receive 5,000 desks
- Prophet Joseph Atarah opens 2023 with visuals of ‘Adom Nyame’
- Hands of Gold Foundation bails 14-year-old detained at Amasaman hospital over medical bills
- I kicked out 6 social media influencers from set – Yvonne Nelson reveals
- Check out scenes from Pascal Aka’s wedding