President Nana Akufo-Addo will tonight address the nation for the 18th time on measures his administration has put in place to fight Covid-19.
This televised address comes at a time when the country’s active Covid-19 cases continue to drop significantly as reported by the Ghana Health Service (GHS).
The regular update has been a major way of keeping Ghanaians informed since the first two cases of coronavirus were recorded in March this year.
In his last address to the nation, the President expressed satisfaction with the Covid-19 testing at the Kotoka International Airport but still maintained the closure of the country’s borders by land and sea.
While students in second year Junior and Senior High School were also allowed to resume academic work, the wearing of face masks by all persons in the country was extended by another three (3) months.
President Akufo-Addo also announced that government has taken the decision to allow the resumption of training in all contact sports.
With respect to football, the President said “after due consultations with the Ghana Football Association, it has been decided that the Ghana Premier League and the Division One Football League will restart on Friday, 30th October 2020.”
Today’s update will be streamed live on Myjoyonline.com and all Multimedia platforms.
- Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
- Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- “I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills
AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative
“Let’s make Accra work”: Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road
Apart from assaulting Opare Addo, his privacy was invaded – Koku Anyidohu
Ghana’s corruption performance has been in decline since 2012 – Expert
39th IRAWMA: The winners, the African force, performances and special awardees
Mother of 6 murdered by unknown assailants
EC not to blame for violence, deaths during 2020 polls – Jean Mensa
Over 2,000 people to benefit from Waste Management System in Bechem
Nigerian political aide arrested in US for benefit fraud
Pfizer vaccine can now be stored in fridge for longer, EU drug regulator says
Full text: Jean Mensa’s address at IPAC workshop on 2020 elections
Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
I was traumatized by Police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience