Following the review of of match information received by the Ghana Football Association (GFA), the entire playing body and team officials of AshantiGold SC and Inter Allies, who were involved in the matchday 34 game played in Obuasi last Saturday, have been placed under sporting investigation.
The GFA confirmed on their website they will not approve the issuance of any International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and Introductory letter to any Embassy for visas for any of the persons under investigation. This temporary travel ban will be in effect till all investigations are over.
Meanwhile, Inter Allies FC duo Hashmin Musah (the defender who scored the two own goals) and Danso Wiredu Mensah (goalkeeper) have been invited to appear before the investigation team.
This sporting investigation is to find any violations of the relevant provisions of the GFA Code of Ethics, 2019, the Premier League Regulations, 2019 and the GFA Disciplinary Code, 2019 in reference to the tie between AshantiGold and Inter Allies.
Musah is invited to report at the GFA Secretariat on Friday, 12 pm whilst Mensah faces the team at 2 pm.
Other players and officials involved in the match will have their turn with the investigation team in the coming days.
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer to answer 9 charges before GLC
- Fishermen in Elmina reject food items from Fisheries Minister
- High Court restores Senyo Hosi’s ¢8m defamation case against Kennedy Agyapong
- Assin North ruling: Our victory cannot be stolen in the face of travesty of justice – Gyaakye Quayson
- University of Ghana staff market shuts down until further notice
- Nigerian socialite, Hushpuppi faces 20 years in jail over fraud allegations
- National Cathedral to be commissioned on March 6, 2024 – Ken Ofori-Atta
- We are ready to organise fresh election in Assin North – EC
- BOST disagrees with court ruling on payment of ¢10m judgement debt
- Playback: Finance Minister presents Mid-Year budget review to Parliament
Dumasi youth attack on Future Global Resources forces mine to close down temporarily
Today’s frontpages: Friday, July 30, 2021
Grammy is the dream, I am working towards it – Mona 4Real
Committee to probe immigration officers cited in exposé demanding money for entry at borders
Kokomlemle residents call for underground power transmission cables
Precious Baidoo: MOMO with ID – An inclusion mechanism or exclusion starter pack?
Tax Exemptions bill to be taken to Parliament by end of 2021 – Deputy Finance Minister
Ken Ofori-Atta didn’t ask for more money but will end up spending more – Ato Forson
Amnesty Ghana urges government to protect prisoners, citizens’ rights
Government make strides in road construction
Government must consult academia, industry in order to win ‘galamsey’ fight – Researcher
‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
Avoid EU’s past mistakes – Flood Resilience expert warns Africa
Government declares August 4, public holiday to mark Founders Day