The disciplinary committee of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) have charged Bechem United defender, Samuel Osei Kuffour for misconduct in their game against Asante Kotoko.
The central defender was filmed kicking Kotoko forward, Franck Mbella Etouga in Bechem’s stalemate at home against the Porcupine Warriors.
A statement on the GFA’s website read:
“The GFA Disciplinary Committee has charged Bechem United defender Samuel Osei Kuffour for a misconduct in the Ghana Premier League Matchday 19 game against Asante Kotoko
“Osei Kuffour is charged with a breach of Article 34(6)(d) of the GFA Premier League Regulations, 2019.
“According to the charge sheet, Samuel Osei Kuffour did intentionally kick player number 11 of Asante Kotoko SC (Frank Thierry Etouga Mbella) in an off-ball situation, an action which in the opinion of the association is an improper behavior and likely to bring the game into disrepute.
“The player is expected to respond to the charge by 5:00pm on Thursday, March 10, 2022 failing which the GFA Disciplinary Committee will proceed to adjudicate the case without his Statement of Defence.”
Earlier on Wednesday, March 9, Bechem United issued an apology on behalf of the defender and condemned his actions.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- Financial inclusion and enterprise development empowering SMEs today for sustainable growth tomorrow
- Consensus building is needed at this point – Seth Terkper on Ghana’s IMF negotiation
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- Election 2024: If literates are failing, try illiterates – Kumchacha to Ghanaians
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- Education Minister congratulates Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS for winning 2022 National Business Pitch Competition
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating