Voting in the Ghana Football Association (GFA) presidential election has gone to a second round after no candidate received over half the votes required for victory.
Kurt Okraku received 44 votes in the first round, George Afriyie 40, Nana Yaw Amponsah 27 and Fred Pappoe six.
The other two candidates Amanda Clinton and George Ankomah Mensah had zero vote.
A total of 61 votes was required for an outright win in the first round of voting but that target was not reached and there will now be a second round.
Per the rules, candidates with the least number of votes that is Amanda Clinton and George Ankomah Mensah drop out of the second round.
However, Fred Pappoe has also opted out leaving Kurt Okraku, George Afriyie and Nana Yaw Amponsah to contest the runoff.
120 delegates members are being polled in Accra to find a successor to Kwesi Nyantakyi, who had been in the post since 2005, but resigned last year after he was implicated in Anas Number 12 documentary.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
Ongoing financial re-engineering of the power sector is positive – Kweku Awotwi
Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
Government exceeds T-Bills target by 3% after slump in recent weeks
Centre for Social Justice and IMANI honour former Auditor General, Domelevo
KIC holds final pitch for 2020 AgriTech Challenge competition
New Juaben Assembly revokes permit for statue after family sued Paramount Chief for ordering its destruction
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors