The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF), with the support of the family of the late Lt. Gen. Joshua Mahamadu Hamidu, is to open a Book of Condolence in memory of the former Chief of the Defence Staff.
A press statement copied to the Ghana News Agency, and signed by Colonel E Aggrey-Quashie, Director Public Relations, GAF, said the Book would be opened at the OB Akwa Matambo, at the Command Officers’ Mess in Burma Camp from Thursday, February 11 to Tuesday, February 23, 2021, from 1000 hours to 1500 hours each day with family members in attendance.
It said the Book would thence open at the family residence at 11 Kwabena Aniefi Street, Dzorwulu, Accra, from Wednesday 24 February 2021.
It said Lieutenant General Hamidu passed on at the 37 Military Hospital on Monday, February 01, 2021, after a short illness. He was 84 years.
It said all well-wishers were invited to sign the Book of Condolence and that for “further inquiries, kindly call 0205635739.”
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- PEPFAR collaborates with Asutifi North Assembly in HIV/AIDS education
- Government needs to engage revenue generators to improve revenue generation – Dr. Seddoh
- DDE: The real issue is the quality of GDP – Dr. Seddoh
- DDE: We seem to be rushing – Prof. Lord Mensah
- Stonebwoy releases brand new single ‘More of You’
- Fire sweeps through over 15 shops, houses at Tema Community Two
- AfDB Group, Government of Canada announce funding facility to grow SMEs
- Police on manhunt for robbers who shot 3 persons at Ntwitwina
- Egyapa Mercer disowns reports claiming he said first Oil-for-Gold consignment was paid for with cash
- Six technical universities participate in training to build their Career Services departments
- ‘We feel victimised even though we are fully compliant’ to E-VAT – Melcom to GRA
- GRA descends on Maxmart and Koala for failing to issue electronic VAT, others
- We have a concerted approach for investment facilitation in Ghana – GIPC’s Deputy CEO
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the revised debt exchange programme
- Teachers from 48 schools undergo CHAG’s HIV, TB training