Some personnel of the Ghana Navy in the Western Region have tested positive for the coronavirus.
The number of infected personnel is yet to be publicly disclosed.
“I do not want to go to numbers because you may test positive today in two weeks time you may test negative. And the one who has tested negative today, tomorrow may test negative. So it’s uncertain,” Flag Officer Commanding of the Western Naval Command, Commodre E. A Kwafo, said.
According to the Commanding Officer, those infected have been isolated and are being treated.
He also revealed the personnel were infected in the line duty because of the work the Ghana Navy does; inspecting ships at sea.
“We provide security, for the nation at sea. We have to ensure the boarders are closed. So we come into contact with various vessels.
We go to sea to make sure that people on board other vessels don’t harm the interest of the state and by so doing, we expose ourselves,” he said.
He says the naval base is ensuring all persons who want entry to the base, have their temperatures checked with Veronica buckets at vantage points and regular disinfection of their vessels.
Comodore E. A kwafo also stated that a Zoomlion disinfection operation is also part of the total efforts to protect personnel from the virus.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Blatant power theft in Ghana very worrying – ECG
- Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ excites patrons
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Son of murdered Mujipe chief reveals names of assailants
- Policy framework for aluminium downstream industry in the offing – CEO of GIADEC
- Trump indictment: A simple guide to what it means
- “Time for Dogboe to strap the title belt” – Patrice Harris
- Decouple NHIS proceeds from consolidated fund – Bono Regional GHS boss tells government
- Six bodies discovered in Canada marsh near US border
- Go to Italy and speak to Afena-Gyan – Derek Boateng charges GFA
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper