The Ghana Football Association (GFA) is set to demote Division One League side, Inter Allies Club to Division Two after the club was found guilty of match manipulation.
The Tema-based side is believed to be involved in manipulating the outcome of their 2020/21 league game against AshantiGold.
The two sides allegedly played a match of convenience as Inter Allies suffered a 7-0 thrashing at the hands of AshGold at the Obuasi Len Clay Stadium in a matchday 34 fixture.
After almost a year, the disciplinary committee of the Ghana FA has come out with a verdict following a thorough investigation.
A statement from the Ghana FA said, “Inter Allies FC will be demoted to the Division Two after being found Guilty of Match in their 2020/21 Ghana Premier League Matchday 34 game against AshantiGold.
“The decision takes effect from the 2022/23 league season.”
Read the full verdict from the Ghana Football Association below:
Inter Allies currently play in Ghana’s Division One League after suffering relegation at the end of last season.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave club this summer
Rafael Nadal apologises after Wimbledon third-round win ends on testy note
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
Volta Division 2 Middle League: Rangers FC head into final