The National Youth Organiser of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has responded to the Police for manhunting the Youth Organiser in the Suame Constituency.
Mr George Opare Addo said the youth of the party cannot be intimidated.
According to him, the NDC youth wing completely stands with the Suame Youth Organiser.
“The Youth Wing stands in complete solidarity with our Suame Youth Organizer, Razak Koampa.
“His comments may be extreme but they are in direct response to years of extreme violence meted out to NDC activists yet justice has not been served,” he said in a Facebook post on Tuesday.
He added that the Police cannot criminalise free speech in the country.
“Today, the Police want to serve justice by criminalising free speech.”
According to him, that will be “stinking hypocrisy.”
“We have the capacity to respond to police violence. We will defend our country against its oppressive NPP government,” he concluded.
The NDC Youth Organiser in Suame is reported to have made statements that border on possible reprisals to state-sponsored violence during elections.
As a result, the Police a statement issued on Monday, of the Suame Youth Organiser’s threat “to attack persons of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the run-up to the 2024 General Elections”.
Condemning the incident, the Police urged political actors to be circumspect in their language and utterances “to safeguard the peace and security” of the country.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Livestream: PM Express discusses whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents