Defending champions, Hearts of Oak, have exited the 2022/23 MTN FA Cup following their defeat to Dreams FC at the Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday, January 22.
The Phobians fell 0-1 in the first half of the round of 32 tie through an Agyenim Boateng strike but were unable to level things.
Slavko Matic’s men were handed a golden opportunity in the 97th minute of the game after being awarded a penalty.
However, Samuel Inkoom failed to convert despite two attempts from the penalty box.
Elsewhere at the Baba Yara Stadium, Asante Kotoko survived a late scare from Division One side Benab FC to record a 2-1 victory.
The Porcupine Warriors went ahead through an own goal from Benab, who played as the home team on the day.
However, the lower tier side were levelled after the break and looked certain to cause an upset but Maxwell Agyemang turned up big late in the game to restore Kotoko’s lead.
The win sees Kotoko advance to the next round of the MTN FA Cup.
Steadfast FC 3-1 STK Stars
Bofoakwa 2-3 Aduana FC
Kotoku Royals 1-0 Nzema Kotoko
Great Olympics (3) 0-0 (4) Legon Cities
Wa Power SC 1-3 Deribi United
Volta Rangers 3-1 Krystal Palace
Venomous Vipers 0-2 Mysterious Dwarfs
Skyy FC 2-0 Karela FC
Hearts of Lions 2-0 MSK Zilina Africa
RTU 4-1 Wa Suntaa
Liberty Professionals (4) 0-0 (2) AS Rences
Mighty Royals 0-1 Nsoatreman
Bibiani GoldStars 1-4 King Faisal
FC Samartex 1-0 Nations FC
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- Directing CID to probe Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ claims could be plot to clear officials of wrongdoing – Dr Apaak
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- AFCON 2023Q: Mohammed Salisu only fitness doubt ahead of Angola clash
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- The rising level of air pollution in West Africa
- Livestream: Parliament suspends debate on Akufo-Addo’s new Ministerial appointees
- Energy Ministry isn’t indebted to ECG; there was no disconnection of power supply – Egyapa Mercer
- 6-packs come with a risk of depression
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Politicians’ quest to recoup investment in campaigns puts Ghana’s democracy at risk – Dr Pumpuni Asante
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- AFCON 2023Q Preview: Black Stars host Angola in Chris Hughton’s first game
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor