Chief Executive Officer of Quophimens Production, Stephen Mensah, has indicated that artiste Naana Blu remains an artiste under his record label and not an artiste under Golden Movie Awards.
This follows an interview at Accra-based Okay FM where CEO of Golden Movie Awards, Mimi Andani revealed that the singer, who is now with eShun’s former manager, has a contract with her.
Mimi Andani had stated that she has a 10-year contract with Naana Blu and owns everything about her ‘including her teeth’ while Stephen Mensah only owns the name Naana Blu.
According to her, she saw the talent in the artiste when she was still schooling so she decided to sign the contract, which would expire in 2025, to groom her into a better artiste.
But in an interview with JoyNews’ Richard Kwadwo Nyarko in Cape Coast, the former manager of eShun debunked the claims of Golden Movie Awards CEO.
According to him, he met Naana Blu ‘unencumbered’ and she an artiste who had no contract with any production house.
“Yes, it was true that Naana Blu had a contract with Golden Movie Awards (showing the contract to the reporter) but the artiste was subsequently discharged of her obligations under the contract. The discharge means Naana became a free agent,” he stated.
Stephen Mensah explains, the artiste was sent a letter by her former managers that their interests and directions had changed and that she’s free to move anywhere she wanted.
Subsequently, Stephen Mensah explains, a WhatsApp conversation between the artiste and Mimi firmed up what the letter was about and the two parties parted ways peacefully.
“I am shocked, they are beating a retreat. I don’t know whether they are envious of the prospects of the artiste now,” he quizzed.
It would be recalled that after the controversy between musician eShun and her former manager and boyfriend Stephen Mensah, the latter changed eShun’s social media accounts into Naana Blu’s name signaling that he was now her handler.
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded 3 times for $13m
- Saglemi scandal: Funds were not directly given to me, they were spent by Finance Ministry – Collins Dauda
- Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
- Police Constable allegedly murdered in cold blood by boyfriend in Damongo
- University of Ghana students bear brunt as UTAG strike kicks in
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Ghana treading on slippery slope, I doubt Akufo-Addo will assent to it – H. Kwasi Prempeh
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer drags GLC to Court
- ECG on warpath with GRIDCo over its decision to sell power for industrial use
- Actor, Jay Pickett dies on set
‘Be creative and innovative as you enter the job market’ – Bono East Minister to NSS personnel
Tokyo 2020: Youth and Sports Minister announces package for Team Ghana
EduSpots to distribute 28,000 books across 40 communities in 15 regions
Tema to host Masquerade Carnival in December
Investigate vandalism at Bogoso Prestea Mines – Wassa East MP
Bill and Melinda Gates finalize their divorce
2021 Census: 99% of households counted, exercise ends August 8
Sunyani Traditional Council enstools Nana Akosua Dua Asor Brayie II as Paramount Queen-mother
Election-related expenditure reason for high debt, not Covid-19 – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
Shirley Frimpong-Manso tells the Ghanaian love story with her first telenovela, Dede
Filing an appeal isn’t stay of execution, you can’t hold yourself as MP – Nana Boakye tells Gyaakye Quayson
Tokyo 2020: Three things that will motivate Takyi for gold
Thomas Partey to have scan after injury against Chelsea
Baba Rahman continues fine preseason form
Medeama part ways with Yaw Preko