Some 320 out of 413 acres of rice farm belonging to the Northern Regional Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Ibrahim Mobila has been consumed by fire.
The incident occurred in a farming community of the North East Gonja District of the Savannah region a day before the NDC demonstration in Tamale on Wednesday.
The blaze did not affect any neighbouring farmland.
Speaking to the media, Alhaji Mobila noted that the fire has destroyed at least 85% of the farm before some Kujere community members doused the flames.
According to him, although he suspects arson, he would not report the matter to the police.
Instead, he would rather, rain curses on his suspect and the family of the arsonist.
“That person has mentioned to me before when we were planting, that no one has been able to farm (on the land) but I have come to do it.”
“I have left the person to God who is the IGP in the world, I don’t mean police IGP…I am reporting the person to God to punish him, his mother and brothers,” he said.
He, however, commended the efforts of the Kujere community in putting out the fire even in his absence.
“The village people have done very well, about 85% got burnt but at least I have about 15% which I can recover a siege for next year,” he added.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
Academic City holds Diversity Day to deepen understanding of African Culture
German-based Muslim group supports Nsawam-Adoagyiri Zongo communities
IDeL-UEW to establish study centres in some West African Countries
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease
GPL wrap – Medeama and Bechem United lose at home for the first time as Hearts close gap at top