The Ghana Football Association has confirmed the second round of the 2021/22 Ghana Premier League has been scheduled to get underway on Friday, February 25, 2022.
The first round of games is set to come to an end on Sunday, February 20, at the Accra Sports Stadium, when Hearts of Oak take on Asante Kotoko matchday 7 outstanding game.
However, five days after the first round has officially ended, the second half of the season will begin.
“The second round of the 2021/22 Ghana Premier League season will kick start on the weekend of February 25-28 across the various League Centres. The ongoing season which began on Friday, October 29 is expected to end on Sunday, June 19, 2022,” wrote the FA on their official website.
“The outstanding match between Accra Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko which comes off on Sunday, February 20, will draw the curtains for the first round of the season.”
With a game in hand, Kotoko currently lie top of the league table after taking 36 points from 16 games so far with only 12 points dropped.
Hearts, on the other hand, are 12 points behind their fierce rivals ahead of a crunch fixture this weekend.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- Livestream: 38th National Farmers’ Day celebration in Koforidua
- Asase Gyefo organic fertiliser to the rescue amid inorganic fertlisers’ record-high global prices
- Netherlands reaffirms commitment to transform Ghana’s economy to be more ‘GrEEner’ and circular
- Elon Musk suspends Kanye West from Twitter for inciting violence