The tragedy of the Akufo-Addo administration is not only the collosal debt it has saddled Ghanaians with. It is not only the huge fiscal deficit he has created even before #COVID-19.
It is not only the hundreds of projects he has abandoned causing taxpayers money to go waste. It is not only his poor infrastructure record.
This particular tragedy is in the destruction and politicisation of our institutions. A judiciary that lacks impartiality, an oppressed Parliament, a pliant Electoral Commission, an Auditor General hounded out of office, a misused military, anti-corruption institutions in bondage, an intimidated media, and a terrified moral society.
These constitute the tragedy of the four years of Akufo-Addo’s administration.
He has set our democracy back 28 years. This is what makes it a patriotic duty for all patriotic Ghanaians to join hands to rescue our nation.
I, John Dramani Mahama, will restore dignity and independence to our state institutions. I will depoliticise our democratic institutions and make them work effectively and independently for all Ghanaians.
Ghanaians will respect the judiciary once again. Justice will be impartial and Ghanaians will be able to express themselves freely, once more, without fear of harassment or death.
- Anti-LGBT bill bans sex in its entirety – Barker-Vormawor
- GAUS ranks penis deformity as most common congenital abnormality in Ghana
- Ohemaa Mercy recounts ‘hide and seek game’ with landlord over GH¢15 rent
- Playback: Kojo Oppong Nkrumah hands over medical theatre to Brenase
- Swedru Magistrate Court convicts 7 for impersonation in 2020 WASSCE
- Anti-LGBT bill absurdly written – Barker-Vormawor
- 10 ways to say ‘I love you’ without actually saying it
- Homosexuality is not a fundamental human right – Sam George
- Soldier shoots motorcyclist at East Legon
- GRA identifies over 14 million taxpayers after integration of Ghana Card/TIN
NAFTI loses senior lecturer and veteran photographer, Kwame Aboagye
Ghana’s debt up significantly by ¢27.8bn to ¢332.4bn
Anti-LGBT bill does not portray current democratic civilisation – Robert Amoafo
Soldier shoots motorcyclist at East Legon
Don’t lynch anyone accused of witchcraft – Chief of Kusawgu Traditional area urges
MP for Sissala escapes unhurt after alleged attack
Police intensify probe into mysterious death of Chief Inspector
Defence Minister to be queried on journalist, family’s safety
Chief Justice urges auctioneers to uphold integrity of profession
NGOs, CSOs join All-Africa Students Union against child labour
Joe Mettle releases 6th album The Experience
How Takoradi became the hub for creating the first ever African-made table tennis table
Journalists accompanying Minister on tour involved in accident
Anti-LGBT bill far-reaching – Martin Kpebu
Put emotions aside and protect proper human sexual rights – Sam George