The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) on Monday released the provisional results of 133,986 candidates who took the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2018.
The entire results of 2,160 candidates alleged to have been involved in various examination malpractices have been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into the cases of malpractices.
A statement signed by Mrs Agnes Teye-Cudhoe, Deputy Director of Public Affairs for WAEC, explained that the withheld results would be released as soon as the Council concludes its investigations.
The WAEC therefore directs candidates to access their results online at: www.waecgh.org.
The Council also urged members of the public to be wary of the activities of fraudsters who contact candidates with the promise of bettering their results for a fee payable through mobile money transfers.
“Members of the public are assured that the Council's results database is well secured. As such, all forged results can be detected by the confirmation/verification system.
“Institutions and organisations are advised to confirm or verify results presented to them directly from the Council or access the confirmation/verification service online at the WAEC website,” the statement added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making