Two Police officers have been given national awards by President Akufo-Addo, in recognition of their contributions towards the fight against Covid-19.
They were awarded during the 2023 National Awards Ceremony held at the International Conference Centre, Accra on March 14, 2023.
The officers, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP), Dr Samuel Otu-Nyarko, Head of Public Health Department at the Police Hospital in Accra and № 7405 PW Corporal Iddrisu Rahinatu of the Pwalugu Police Clinic received the Grand Medal Awards for Excellence in Case Management for COVID-19.
The duo was awarded for ensuring the safety of the public during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Police Administration in a press statement congratulated the two Police officers for “making the Ghana Police Service proud.”
“The Administration also takes this opportunity to congratulate all other officers who played varied roles during the period of the pandemic,” the statement read.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- BoG needs to pay equal attention to non-bank financial institutions as it does banks – Dr. Anane-Antwi
- BoG interventions to restore confidence in financial sector not enough – Dr. Atuahene
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town