Three Menzgold workers have manhandled two journalists as they tried to get reactions to the directive to the gold dealership company to cease gold trading activities by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Joy News reporter Karen Dodoo and a pregnant TV3 journalist, Nana Akua, were confronted by the workers in suit and tie.
The journalists were standing across the street by the Menzgold office in East Legon in Accra on Wednesday to prepare for the 12-noon bulletin.
They had gone there hours after SEC had announced a directive which had triggered panic withdrawals at the gold dealership company.
Miss Dodoo said she was preparing to speak to customers who had besieged the company in their hundreds. But she was shoved in the shoulder and accused of taking photos without permission. Her two phones were snatched along with the microphone.
The TV3 reporter, Nana Akua Mensah Aborampah, spotting a bump tried to resist the aggression. In charged exchanges, she began complaining about pain in her abdomen and was left by the workers.
But the Joy News reporter still had to contend with the workers as one of them grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her into the Menzgold office.
A manager at Menzgold, Pious, apologised to her even though the assaulting worker showed no remorse.
He accused the Joy News reporter of trying to bring down the company and threatened to 'bring Joy FM down'.
Karen Dodoo retrieved her microphone and mobile phones and was escorted out of the company's premises.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making