The Foreign Minister, Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey has disassociated herself from some WhatsApp chats suggesting a conversation between her and a journalist in relation to the Norway embassy saga.
According to the statement from the Foreign Minister, the screenshots circulating are a creation of malice.
“The good people of Ghana are advised to discount the circulated screenshot as they are creative and crafty renditions of the overactive imaginations who have made it their personal mission to malign, smear and cause disaffection for the office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs for their own malicious purposes,” the statement said.
The Minister added that she will pursue the source of the said screenshots and ensure that the parties behind the circulation face the full rigours of the law.
The said screenshot contains a conversation purporting to be between the Minister and someone suspected to be a journalist.
The ‘Minister’ was annoyed that the story on the Norway embassy deal was published without consulting her for facts. “…it was a mistake,” the ‘minister’ said.
The deal in question involves a building in Norway which the Minority in Parliament alleges the Foreign Ministry intends to buy for $12 million when indeed the same building had been priced in 2017 at $3.5million
The Foreign Ministry, however, denies these allegations. According to Mrs. Ayorkor Botchwey, the offer was made to them to purchase the building but they rejected it insisting money had not exchanged hands.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- 'I have nothing to hide' - Ex- Dep BoG Governor refutes complicity in banking crisis
- Arrest Kennedy Agyapong now! - Minority charge
- Nam1 trip waste of taxpayers’ money – Apaak
- Supreme Court suspends ruling on disputed Woyome-UT bank properties
- Ghana’s development under Akufo-Addo impressive – Madagascar President
- NDC would not abolish the free SHS policy – Mahama
- Ahmed's killing cannot end like others - Rawlings condemns “reckless” Agyapong
- Murdered investigator: No reason to narrow probe to Agyapong – Ken Attafuah
- Akufo-Addo, Mahama congratulate Ya Naa -elect
- Yaa Naa’s funeral ends with prayers for harmony
- Referendum and district elections slated for Sept
- Ghana Airport Company MD removed
- My exit from BoG escalated activities of Menzgold - Fmr Deputy Governor
- Undercover investigator killing: Gov't charges police to speed up investigations
- NDC agrees to revise presidential primaries guidelines