Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy has added another international award to his award collection at the just ended Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
The BHIM Nation president won the Favorite African Star category award at the event that took place on March 24.
The 'Top Skanka' hitmaker was in the race with Adesua Etomi-Wellington, IK Osakioduwa, both from Nigeria, and Kenya's Sauti Sol.
The artiste was not present to receive the award but the organisers played a video where he was seen expressing his joy at winning the award.
Stonebwoy has become the first African Dancehall Artist to win both a BET and Nickelodeon award. He won the 2015 BET Best African Act award and the 2019 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards (KCA) Favourite African Star award.
Stonebwoy took to his Instagram page to announce to his fans who voted for him to win the award.
He wrote: “Hurray!!!! Thank You For Voting My People……. Favourite African Star. KIDS CHOICE AWARDS... Ghana ???????? Won @NickAfrica #BHIMNATIONGlobal”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale plead not guilty, granted ¢50k bail each
- Ex-Doe feels vindicated over Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale brawl
- It will be illogical for me to deliberately ruin VGMA@20 – Shatta Wale
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl