A 32-year-old man, Ernest Ofori aka JJ met his untimely death on Sunday morning when he fell from an uncompleted storey building.
The incident happened in Dunkwa-On-Offin in the Central Region.
It was the turn of his area to go off as a result of the ongoing load shedding exercise, and unable to withstand the heat in his room, the deceased was said to have decided to pass Saturday’s night at the uncompleted storey building where he could be guaranteed fresh air. Unfortunately he fell to his death in his sleep.
Narrating the incident to Adom News, the senior brother of the deceased, Festus Ofori said the incident occurred around 1:00am.
He recalled that his younger brother who was also known in the area as “Nana Aponkye” together with other tenants was sleeping outside during the “dumsor” (light out) but the brother later climbed upstairs to sleep there.
Festus said he suspects that his brother was drunk when he returned from a funeral on Saturday.
“I don’t suspects any foul play because this is not the first time my younger brother slept on top of that uncompleted storey building,” Festus Ofori stressed.
“I heard people shouting, and calling my brother, so I rushed there only to find him in a pool of blood. I rushed him to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by the doctor,” the deceased senior brother recounted.
Meanwhile, the father of the deceased, ex-Chief Inspector of Police, Nana Daniel Ofori said the incident has been reported to the police.
“For now I’m informing my relatives about the incident and the police has also assure us to hand over the body to us after the autopsy,” the ex-Chief Inspector of Police stated.
He said the body has been deposited at the St. Mark Government Hospital pending the autopsy.
Meanwhile, the Dunkwa-On-Offin police command has begun investigations into the death of the young man.
More News Headlines
- KAIPTC remembers Kofi Annan one year on
- Manual for managing school libraries outdoored
- Photos: 5 arrested for smuggling over 4000 bags of fertilizers
- Conquering Kilimanjaro for child online safety
- AFRICOM, Ghana Armed Forces commence Africa Endeavor 2019
- Menzgold CEO's press conference in pictures
- Repent; accept Jesus Christ - Menzgold CEO tells detractors
- Climate change in Africa: Survey finds worsening agriculture conditions
- US government deports 40 Ghanaians
- EOCO knew my travel plans - Menzgold CEO
- Rate of police contract appointments worrying
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention