A 32-year-old man, Ernest Ofori aka JJ met his untimely death on Sunday morning when he fell from an uncompleted storey building.
The incident happened in Dunkwa-On-Offin in the Central Region.
It was the turn of his area to go off as a result of the ongoing load shedding exercise, and unable to withstand the heat in his room, the deceased was said to have decided to pass Saturday’s night at the uncompleted storey building where he could be guaranteed fresh air. Unfortunately he fell to his death in his sleep.
Narrating the incident to Adom News, the senior brother of the deceased, Festus Ofori said the incident occurred around 1:00am.
He recalled that his younger brother who was also known in the area as “Nana Aponkye” together with other tenants was sleeping outside during the “dumsor” (light out) but the brother later climbed upstairs to sleep there.
Festus said he suspects that his brother was drunk when he returned from a funeral on Saturday.
“I don’t suspects any foul play because this is not the first time my younger brother slept on top of that uncompleted storey building,” Festus Ofori stressed.
“I heard people shouting, and calling my brother, so I rushed there only to find him in a pool of blood. I rushed him to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by the doctor,” the deceased senior brother recounted.
Meanwhile, the father of the deceased, ex-Chief Inspector of Police, Nana Daniel Ofori said the incident has been reported to the police.
“For now I’m informing my relatives about the incident and the police has also assure us to hand over the body to us after the autopsy,” the ex-Chief Inspector of Police stated.
He said the body has been deposited at the St. Mark Government Hospital pending the autopsy.
Meanwhile, the Dunkwa-On-Offin police command has begun investigations into the death of the young man.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo
- I’m a pharmacist not a fire arms dealer – Delali Brempong
- Some videos of Ayawaso by-election violence doctored – Witness
- By-election violence: Masked security men came to check party militia - National Security
- Ghanaian scammers are unemployed, intelligent - EOCO
- Portion of major Kumasi to Accra highway to be closed for repairs
- 3 workers die after electrocution in Kyebi
- Gov’t reviews traffic regulations to improve road transport
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Nigerian woman nabbed for trafficking girl to Ghana for prostitution