A 32-year-old man, Ernest Ofori aka JJ met his untimely death on Sunday morning when he fell from an uncompleted storey building.
The incident happened in Dunkwa-On-Offin in the Central Region.
It was the turn of his area to go off as a result of the ongoing load shedding exercise, and unable to withstand the heat in his room, the deceased was said to have decided to pass Saturday’s night at the uncompleted storey building where he could be guaranteed fresh air. Unfortunately he fell to his death in his sleep.
Narrating the incident to Adom News, the senior brother of the deceased, Festus Ofori said the incident occurred around 1:00am.
He recalled that his younger brother who was also known in the area as “Nana Aponkye” together with other tenants was sleeping outside during the “dumsor” (light out) but the brother later climbed upstairs to sleep there.
Festus said he suspects that his brother was drunk when he returned from a funeral on Saturday.
“I don’t suspects any foul play because this is not the first time my younger brother slept on top of that uncompleted storey building,” Festus Ofori stressed.
“I heard people shouting, and calling my brother, so I rushed there only to find him in a pool of blood. I rushed him to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by the doctor,” the deceased senior brother recounted.
Meanwhile, the father of the deceased, ex-Chief Inspector of Police, Nana Daniel Ofori said the incident has been reported to the police.
“For now I’m informing my relatives about the incident and the police has also assure us to hand over the body to us after the autopsy,” the ex-Chief Inspector of Police stated.
He said the body has been deposited at the St. Mark Government Hospital pending the autopsy.
Meanwhile, the Dunkwa-On-Offin police command has begun investigations into the death of the young man.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Parliamentary vrs High Court: Ayariga's decision to seek SC clarity gets backing
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- The Nigerian kidnapper who recruits, trains Ghanaians
- Central Region: Health workers get training on how to control mosquito breeding
- MMDCEs, Presiding Members call for recycling plants in regions to create jobs
- GHACEM completes free cement programme; 5,000 deprived communities benefit
- Nigeria probing how gorilla swallowed over $19,000 zoo funds
- This lady hopes to become the first black woman to visit every country in the world
- Ghana-Lebanon Islamic School optimistic of excellent results as 2019 class graduates
- More early grade, childhood teachers needed - Education Minister
- New law to regulate GM foods laid in Parliament for approval
- DOVVSU has no single vehicle - Ashanti regional coordinator decries
- Will a girls' school break NSMQ's 26year jinx?
- Mob attacks Nigerian, accuses him of attempted kidnapping
- NSMQ2019: The 3 schools that scored zero in Problem of the Day