The final funeral rites of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II will continue with the agreed upon road map, the committee superintending the process has said.
A statement from the office of the Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, who is the Chairman of the committee of eminent chiefs said the funeral rites will continue as planned.
“On Sunday 13th January to pave way for the performance of the funeral by the elders of the Andani royal family,” the statement said.
This comes after some renewed clashes in Dagbon between the Abudu and the Andani gates who have been feuding for decades. The clashes led to the torching of several homes and leaving at least one dead.
Read the full statement below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists