The final funeral rites of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II will continue with the agreed upon road map, the committee superintending the process has said.
A statement from the office of the Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, who is the Chairman of the committee of eminent chiefs said the funeral rites will continue as planned.
“On Sunday 13th January to pave way for the performance of the funeral by the elders of the Andani royal family,” the statement said.
This comes after some renewed clashes in Dagbon between the Abudu and the Andani gates who have been feuding for decades. The clashes led to the torching of several homes and leaving at least one dead.
Read the full statement below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Law enforcement won't stop frequent accidents - Police
- World Bank praises Free SHS, pledges support
- Ewutu Senya West MP donates school block, start-up cash to constituents
- ‘It won’t stop accidents' – Expert downplays NRSC push be an Authority
- Takoradi: Missing one-year-old boy found
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- General Legal Council blamed for Law School brouhaha
- Man spikes co-workers’ drinks with LSD because they had “negative energy”
- The secret to Danish happiness?
- University of Utah, USA to start MPH degree program in Ghana at Ensign College
- Intelligence reveals transmission line hacking sabotage – Energy Minister
- Transport Minister condemns indiscipline on roads, visits accident victims
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded
- Twifo Herman: 21 Persons critically injured after heavy downpour