President Nana Akufo-Addo has left the country on Sunday to attend the R20 Austrian World Summit.
He is attending the Summit in his capacity as co-Chair of the UN Secretary General’s Group of Eminent Advocates on the 2030 SDGs.
The President will participate in the high-level panel discussion on the need for leadership to take responsibility in the global process on sustainable development and international co-operation.
The Summit is an initiative which is helping regions, countries and cities to implement the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and to meet the global climate protection targets outlined in the Paris Agreement.
Whilst in Austria, President Akufo-Addo will hold bilateral talks with the President of Austria, Alexander Van der Bellen, and Austrian Chancellor, Sebastian Kurz.
He will also hold same with the President of Hungary, János Áder; as well as the CEO of the World Bank, Kristalina Georgieva.
The Ghanaian community resident in the European country will also have an opportunity to have a one-on-one with the President.
President Akufo-Addo was accompanied by the Foreign Affairs Minister, Shirley Ayorkor Botchway, Environment Minister, Dr Kwabena Frimpong Boateng; and officials from the presidency and Foreign Ministry.
The President will return to Ghana on Tuesday and in his absence, the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chair leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman
- Another police officer resigns to contest for parliamentary seat
- Parliament approves €276m facility for Tamale water project
- Change constitution, cap constituencies - CDD Fellow