The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kofikrom Pharmacy, Kofi Addo Agyekum has expressed his gratitude to the Sports Writers Association of Ghana (SWAG) for honouring him and his company at the just ended SWAG Awards night.
He and his management thanked SWAG and the organisers for recognising their contribution to the development of sports in the country.
As a growing business, we decided to adopt and grow with the supposed least financed sports and this award will motivate and inspire us to do more for the growth of sports in the country and we admonish other corporate institutions to emulate our model by at least adopting one sporting federation and give them the needed support.
The 44th MTN SWAG Awards Night saw deserving sportsmen and women as well as corporate bodies and individuals who have supported the development of sports in the year under review being honoured.
Mr Kofi Addo-Agyemkum and Kofikrom Pharmacy have over the years been very supportive of the growth and development of sports in the country especially the least financed sports.
Through their K-Balm ointment and T-20 medicine, they have supported federations like Armwrestling, Weightlifting and the recently held Akyim Oda Marathon.
The citation presented to Kofikrom Pharmacy by SWAG read, “In a country where minority sports struggle to get funding, Kofikrom Pharmacy you have bucked the trend.
You have invested in the development and promotion of arm wrestling since 2016 and singularly sponsoring Ghana’s participation in the 2018 World Armwrestling Championship.
For your remarkable contribution to the growth of arm wrestling in Ghana, SWAG confers on you Kofikrom Pharmacy this special award.”
In a related development, Mr Kofi Addo-Agyekum won Most Promising Entrepreneur Award at the Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Awards organised by the Entrepreneurs Foundation of Ghana held at the Movenpick Hotel in Accra.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Copa America: Martinez cracker helps Colombia past Argentina
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele
- Hazard unveiled to Real Madrid fans – ‘I’m here to win titles’
- 2019 AFCON: Algeria drops player for exposing 'buttocks' in video