The booking agency for Ghanaian artistes at the just ended CAF Awards has blamed the Nigerian organizers for the way the Ghanaian artistes were treated at the ceremony.
BookMe World Agency’s Gregory Ankrah said his company did no wrong and that things did not go as planned because the Nigerian organizers did not stay on schedule.
“At the awards, even the person who was sharing the water was Nigerian. So many things went wrong on the show,” he told Showbiz A to Z host, Naa Ashorkor.
There has been a public uproar over how Ghanaian artistes were almost neglected at the event which was held on January 4, 2018.
Singer Efya sang the national anthem and while dancehall artiste Shatta Wale was billed to perform, he was unable to, because he was not allowed to do simple sound checks.
Another Ghanaian artiste, Kidi virtually performed to empty seats after the event was over and everyone was filing out.
Interestingly, all the Nigerian acts -Wizkid, Patoranking, Phyno, Flavour, Tiwa Savage and Olamide all performed at reasonable intervals.
So did the Congolese singer Fally Ipupa and Toofan from Togo.
Gregory said the Nigerian organizers seemed to have hijacked the show and did not listen to constant prompts to allow the Ghanaian acts to perform.
“I was hitting the production people when are my artistes going to perform and they came saying they will,” but that did not happen.
Meanwhile, the headline sponsor of the Awards, Aiteo Group has apologized to dancehall artiste Shatta Wale for his inability to perform at the event.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach