Ogilvy has emerged triumphant in the global PR industry’s prestigious SABRE Awards for the Africa Region, with Ogilvy offices capturing 43% of all trophies awarded.
The SABRE Awards are the world's largest PR awards programme, recognising superior achievement in branding and reputation in North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, South Asia and Africa.
The pan-African Ogilvy network carried the day by winning a total of 17 awards for Ghana, Kenya and the South Africa offices for the SABRE Awards Africa.
“2018 was a remarkable year for us and our clients because the communication landscape has become very dynamic. These awards symbolize that we are moving with the times and our integrated communications approach is helping us solve our clients’ most pressing business challenges while reaching our targeted audiences through ideas that grab earned media and influence, to build brands that matter,” said Mr Mathieu Plassard, CEO, Ogilvy Africa.
“Over the last years, in line with our integrated approach, we have assembled teams that deliver effective communication work for our clients in line with growing demand for strategic communication in an earned media world,” said Plassard.
A total of five awards were presented to Ogilvy Ghana - two (2) wins for Integrated Marketing, and Mining and Extractive industries and three (3) Certificates of Excellence and,
Integrated Marketing (Winner) - Ghanaians Against Child Abuse (GACA) — UNICEF and Government of Ghana
Mining and Extractive Industries (Winner) – Kosmos Innovation Center (Global and Ghana) — Kosmos Energy Ltd with Ogilvy Ghana
Food and Beverage (Certificate of Excellence) - Coca-Cola World Cup Campaign (Ghana & Nigeria) — Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit
Corporate Image (Certificate of Excellence) – Kosmos Innovation Center (Global and Ghana) — Kosmos Energy Ltd
Mining and Extractive Industries (Certificate of Excellence) - Gold Fields 25TH Anniversary 2018 — Gold Fields Ghana Ltd with Ogilvy Ghana
In addition, Ogilvy Ghana has secured a prestigious finalists’ spot in the 2019 Platinum Sabre Award for Best in Show for the GACA campaign.
In total, 37 SABRE trophies will be presented to African campaigns this year in Kigali, Rwanda on May 16th 2019.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Just in: Gunmen abduct Indian businessman in Kumasi
- Tourists get thrilling Easter experience at Ghana’s top destinations
- Disclosing info on missing Taadi girls dangerous - AG
- We can’t bring Menzgold CEO home just yet – Attorney General
- Aker Energy proposal deadline not Friday – Energy Ministry refutes
- Tipper truck runs into building; injures 2 teenagers
- Photo of the week: Throwback as Chief Imam turns 100 years
- Minister orders reassignment of GHA Roads Toll Manager
- Filipino man has been nailed to a cross every Good Friday for 33 years
- Swedru Municipal guards assault case referred to ADR
- GhanaPostGPS requirement for ID card lands at Appeals court
- Bawumia to partake in Oxford University series of lectures
- UK school principals to visit Accra in May
- The inside story of Aisha Huang: 'I watched her shoot a Ghanaian dead'
- 'Galamsey queen' was not exchanged for $2bn Sinohydro deal – Minister