The Ghana FA Normalisation Special Cup continues with matchday 6 at the various venues after no midweek action.
In Premier A, Berekum Chelsea will continue their quest to record a first win in the competition when they welcome AshantiGold to the Golden City Park. The Blues are winless in four attempts whiles Ashgold have secured two wins, two draws and a defeat.
The Miners have twice picked a point on the road at Bechem United and Aduana Stars. But Berekum Chelsea would be hoping to account for the visitors having reappointed coach Tony Lokko.
Medeama will take on struggling Eleven Wonders in Tarkwa. The Yellow and Mauves are unbeaten at home. They remain overwhelming favourites as they come up against Enos Adepah’s charges, who are yet to pick a point away after three attempts.
At the Nana Fosu Gyeabour II Park, Bechem United will battle Aduana Stars. The encounter which promises to be exciting might not see many goals as both sides would tread cautiously to prevent a defeat.
In Premier B, WAFA will be eyeing top spot with a regular win over Hearts at their dreaded home grounds in Sogakope. The Academy Boys remain the only side without a defeat after five rounds of matches. And, Sadiq Abubakar’s side would be fighting harder to add the Phobians to their casualties.
Kim Grant’s charges have managed a win out of three games on the road. They would be motivated by the slim 1-0 win over Liberty in Dansoman last weekend as they face probably their toughest opponents yet in the zone. The last time the Phobians visited the same venue, they were humiliated 5-0.
Inter Allies will be looking forward to returning to winning ways when they host struggling Ebusua Dwarfs in Tema. The Eleven Is To One having suffered a 3-1 defeat away to Karela United, have nothing to hope for but a victory. Dwarfs held Elmina Sharks to a barren draw away in their last match.
Elsewhere at the Carl Reindorf Park, Liberty Professionals lock horns with Dreams FC. Reginald Asante’s lads would obviously step up their game to prevent a second consecutive home defeat after losing to regionals rivals Hearts. Dreams are yet to win an away game.
Also on Sunday, Elmina Sharks welcome impressive Karela United to the Nduom Stadium. Sharks have failed to pick all three points in every encounter after a 1-0 win over Hearts on matchday 2. For the home side to pick all three points, they would have to put the breaks on the Taylor duo – Diawise and Solomon Sarfo who have championed the Ayinase-based club’s table-topping campaign so far.
The match between Asante Kotoko and Stallions FC has been postponed.
This is because The WA based club are yet to play a game in the ongoing competition as issues of ownership drag on.
The club which was owned by former President of the Ghana Football Association Kwesi Nyantakyi who has been banned for life by FIFA is part of the reasons why the club is unable to participate in the tournament.
President of the Ghana Football Association Normalisation Committee Dr Kofi Amoah in an interview with the media has explained that the team is unable to participate in the tournament because they want issues of ownership resolved in accordance with the rules.
Reports indicate that former Black Stars defender John Painstil and some partners have taken over the club.
On the other hand, Asante Kotoko will take on Okwahu United in a friendly game on Monday 22 April 2019 at Nkawkaw.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support